Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Just Nan Obsession

I hope I can get this blog thing to work. It was started in order to share posts in the Just Nan stitch-along hosted by Zeb of Keep Calm and Cross Stitch. I found the stitch-along by accident searching for pictures of finished Just Nan pieces. Hopefully I'll get to see a lot of them on the blogs of others in the stitch along.

Insert badge here! Couldn't figure out how to download the badge in order to post it. I hope posting stitchy pics is easier.

I haven't stitched in a while (about ten years). In November I stitched just a couple of motifs to make up as small pins for my mother. The pins are done as far as stitching goes and I'll make them up as soon as I get my sewing machine back from the shop.

I've been stitching on an 8X8 Q-snap frame and have noticed my left hand hurting lately. I tried propping the frame up on my knee and that helps a little but I might need to use a lighter embroidery hoop until I can get a good stand. I used to have a K's Creations stand and I was happy with it. I'm not sure they make a size that will work with smaller samplers and also the larger Mirabilia  projects I would like to stitch in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on starting your new blog! It takes a little while to find your way around Blogger but it all becomes easier with time :)

    I'm a member of the JN SAL too, and found you through the blog comments. I noticed you're having trouble uploading photos, so these might help: How To Post A Picture @ Blogger for in-post images, and the Blogger Getting Started Guide for sidebar images (called Gadgets!). The Blogger Help Page, where the Guide is, is a great place to get started, and the Blogger Product Forum is a good place to ask questions, though the usefulness of the responses may vary. Best of luck and Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete